Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My first DIY project

I somehow found myself in the DIY world and decided it would be my new hobby. So I thought I would start out with a chair. Why a chair, well I am not sure but everyone needs a chair, right? Well I found a cute chair at my local Salvation Army it wasn't in the best shape but still usable and with a price tag of $2.99 how could I say no.




So then I had to think of what I actually wanted to do with is. That was harder than I thought. for a indecisive person like me!!! Well I wanted something chic, yet funky and somewhat sophisticated. I have always LOVED the houndstooth print so I knew I wanted to find that for the seat. I found an awesome fabric at Hobby Lobby for a decent price, of course I used the 40% coupon!! Then I had to think of what I wanted to do with the wood. I chose to go with Ivory in gloss. I bought Krylon but then found Ace hardware's brand of spray paint matched exactly. So now I use that for anything I want to paint white. So here she is in all her glory!!



I was going to keep the criss cross detail on the back but my 2 precious boys decided they didn't like it!! LOL!! Long story!! So I had to come up with something quick and I like how it turned out!!! She is so sweet, isn't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment